Monday, April 27, 2009

Book Preview


The Front Cover
• Fade
• Robert Cormier
• I think that it deals with a person who is somehow distanced of "faded" away from everyone/thing else
• Is the main character the person who "fades"?
Does this deal with similar themes of Invisible Man?

The Back Cover
• None...it is just a large quote that reads, "Imagine what might happen if Holden Caulfield stepped into J. G. Wells' The invisible Man, and you'll have an idea how good Fade is...I was riveted." -Stephen King
I think that it does not tell you anything to leave you wondering what the story is about as well as wanting to read more.

Inside the Book
• 1988
• To my wife, Connie, with love
• The book does not have any real chapter titles but it is broken down into what I think may be names of people who are telling the specific sections.
• The authors style is first person, which like I stated earlier, probably changes due to the names written before certain chapters.

OVERALL IMPRESSION
I think that this story has to deal with a lot of similar themes in that of Invisible Man. I think this just from the title and from the quote from Stephan King on the back. The cover also gives you the same feelings of similar themes. I think that this should be an interesting book and hopefully I will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment